Excavator Sickle Bar Mower – Hedge Trimmer from Auger Torque
The Auger Torque Excavator Sickle Bar Mower / Hedge Trimmer is the perfect addition for excavators (5,000 – 18,000Lbs), and offers a variety of motor sizes to suit your application. Attaching to an excavator provides extra-long cutting reach, gaining access to those taller trees, deeper hedges etc. The Excavator Sickle Bar is also ideal for cutting long grass and brush.
Attaching the optional tooth extension bar provides a full 8ft cutting length. This is sure to make trimming more precise, efficient and will provide yet another way to expand the versatility of existing machines.
Sickle Bar Specifications
- Machine weight range: 1.5 – 8 tons
- Bar length: 5ft
- Optional extension: 40in long
- Oil flow range: 5 – 18 GPM
- Max cutting diameter: Ø 1.5″
- Mounting Options: Custom built excavator mounts are available
- Hoses: 1/2″ BSP (British Standard Pipe) hoses included (no couplers)
- Couplers: 1/2″ Flat Face Coupler are available upon request
- Replace individual cutting teeth: 2 bolts
- Neat & Accurate: With the flexibility of the excavator you can reach more place and be more precise with cutting
- High Performance: Cut branches up to 1.5″ diameter
- Low Maintenance: Few moving parts/simple design
- Extreme Durability: Heavy duty steel frame provides a solid base and covers all moving parts (except for the blades)
Sickle Bar Excavator Mounting
Auger Torque provide a LIFETIME parts replacement warranty on the dislodgement of the Earth Drill shaft and any failure of the Shock Lock system to prevent loss of teeth under normal operating conditions.
All Auger Torque products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for the periods summarized below:
- Planetary Gearbox Components – 72 Months
- Hydraulic Motors – 36 Months
- All Other Parts / Products – 24 Months
For any additional information on the Auger Torque range, you can visit their website here!
Using the hydraulics from your excavator - the hedge trimmer motor spins a crank that slides the cutting teeth of the trimmer back and forth to cut branches up to 1.5"
Any excavator from 1.5 to 8 tons with a 2 way hydraulic circuit for running attachments, can run the hedge trimmer attachment.
We will custom build a mount to suit your excavators pin diameters, pin centers and dipper stick width
Teeth and jaws are commonly replaceable parts. Hydraulic motors and cranks can be replaced, but are not prone to problems. You can find replacement teeth/blades here!